Nanoscale imaging & spectroscopy application notes
This E-Book summarizes applications of nanoscale investigation of inorganic materials in energy-storage, mineralogy, archaeology and corrosion sciences.
Researchers at the University of Stuttgart equiped with a neascope have now succeeded to observe switching processes at unattained nanometer resolution.
Researchers from Georgia employed nano-FTIR spectroscopy and IR nanoscale imaging for investigating how individual enveloped viruses (CoV, IFV, HIV, Ebola, etc.) enter into a host cell, revealing new membrane penetration mechanisms and inhibition processes for antiviral therapies.
neaspec’s neaSNOM was used by researchers at the CIC nanoGUNE to visualize how light moves in time and space inside an exotic class of matter known as hyperbolic materials. For the first time, ultraslow pulse propagation and backward propagating waves in deep subwavelength-scale thick slabs of boron nitride – a natural hyperbolic material for infrared light – could be observed.
neaspec GmbH and Fraunhofer IPM have developed a ready-to-use terahertz system that is capable of achieving a spatial resolution of 30 nanometers in combination with neaspec’s near-field microscope - neaSNOM
Using nano-FTIR neaSNOM it could be shown that thin-film organic semiconductors contain regions of structural disorder. These could inhibit the transport of charge and limit the efficiency of organic electronic devices.
The neaSNOM microscope equipped with a THz illumination unit were applied in ultrafast spectroscopy to take snapshots of super-fast electronic nano-motion. The scientists were able to record a 3D movie of electrons moving at the surface of a semiconductor nanowire.
neaspec's neaSNOM microscope allows for launching and controlling light propagating along graphene, opening new venues for extremely miniaturized photonic devices and circuits
nano-FTIR beats the diffraction limit in infrared bio-spectroscopy and probes secondary structure in individual protein complexes
Two independent research teams have successfully used their neaSNOM infrared near-field microscopes for laying down a ghost: visualizing Dirac plasmons propagating along graphene, for the first time.
Near-field microscopy at infared and terahertz frequencies allows to quantify free carrier properties at the nanoscale without the need of electrical contacts.
Based on their unique near-field spectral signature infrared-active materials can be identified with neaSNOM.
Infrared near-field microscopy allows to study the propagation of surface waves in the infrared spectral regime. Amplitude and phase resolved...
Direct verification of superlensing can be achieved by near-field microscopy as the local field transmitted by a superlens can be investigated in the near-field of the lens.
Direct visualization of infrared light transportation and nanofocusing by miniature transmission lines is possible by amplitude- and phase-resolved near-field microscopy.
Amplitude and phase resolved near-field mapping of the local field distribution on resonant IR antennas can be used to analyze the antenna design and its functionality.
The high spatial resolution of infrared near-field microscopy allows for detailed studies of phase transitions in materials like the insulator-to-metal transition of vanadium dioxide (VO2) thin films.
Mapping nanoscale stress/strain fields around nanoindents in the surface of Silicon Carbide (SiC) crystals. Compressive/tensile strain occurs in bright/dark contrast respectively.
The local conductivity of nanowires can be investigated by infrared near-field microscopy.
Customers that trust us
The neaSNOM microscope with it’s imaging and nano-FTIR mode is the most useful research instrument in years, bringing genuinely new insights.
The neaSNOM near-field microscope and it’s user-friendly software offer us an incredible flexibility for the realization of our unique experiments – without compromises in robustness, handling and ease-of-use.
The great stability and robustness of the neaSNOM are key features for serving our diverse user’s demands. The neaSCAN software is user-friendly and intuitive allowing fresh users to quickly start measuring.
As a newcomer to the near-field optics I am very grateful for the prompt and competent support provided by neaspec’s experts.
We were looking for a flexible research tool capable of characterizing our energy storage materials at the nanoscale. neaSNOM proofed to be the system with the highest spatial resolution in infrared imaging and spectroscopy and brings us substantial new insights for our research.
After very successful scientific research with the neaSNOM microscope, we now decided to bring our research to the next level with the brand-new ultra-low temperature cryo-neaSNOM.
Our neaSNOM microscope enabled us to maximize our scientific output. It also strengthens the collaboration with several partners worldwide.
Surfaces & interfaces play an important role in physical chemistry. The neaSNOM microscope is the ideal tool to study two-dimensional materials, energy conversion & storage. It allows us full access to surface chemical information & modification at the highest spatial resolution.
The neaSNOM is the most powerful tool for plasmonic studies. It provides both, the spatial resolution and the complex field mapping, which is essential to the success of our projects.
We propose to establish a complete set of nano-FTIR and scattering-type SNOM in order to stay competitive in nanophotonics research as well as to maintain our state-of-the-art design and fabrication of novel nanomaterials. Only because of the unique technology from neaspec we were able to win this desirable university grant.
The neaSNOM microscope boosted my research in plasmonic properties of noble metal nanocrystals, optical resonances of dielectric nanostructures, and plasmon polaritons of graphene-like two dimensional nanomaterials.
The unique dual beam-path design of the neaSNOM near-field microscope makes neaspec the natural choice for ultrafast spectroscopy at the nanoscale.
The neaSNOM new imaging technique offers me the right tool to unravel the fascinating world of protein folding in complex biological systems at the nanoscale
A unique advantage of the neaSNOM microscope is that it can be applied to many fields of scientific research such as Chemistry, Semiconductor Technology, Polymer Science and even Life-Science.
I needed a flexible experimental platform with a high degree of optical access. The highly modular design of neaSNOM provides an ideal foundation for the development of my own experiments on top of it.
With its ultra-small & ultra-fast capabilities as well as the highly-compatible & user-friendly design, the neaSNOM near-field microscope offers us unique opportunities to uncover the intriguing nano-optical phenomena of novel two-dimensional materials.
As a near-field expert I was quickly convinced that neaSNOM is the only optical AFM microscope completely satisfying the needs of demanding near-field experiments. It’s the best comercially available technology and in addition really easy to use.
Developed by the s-SNOM experts, the neaSNOM microsocope is the ideal tool for our demanding applications. We work on characterizing opto-electronic devices like LEDs, transistors based on GaN and SiC as well as nanocomposites in e.g. textile fibers.
After many years of research and development in near-field microscopy, we finally made our dream come true to perform infrared imaging & spectroscopy at the nanoscale. With neaSNOM we can additionally realize Raman, fluorescence and non-linear nano-spectroscopy.
neaspec provides an ideal and reliable near-field optical microscope. Their expertise has proved invaluable in setting up my experiments.
Already after the first day of the system installation we have been able to measure publishable data.
Creating remarkable scientific impact
- Real-space observation of vibrational strong coupling between propagating phonon polaritons and organic moleculesUnveiling the detection dynamics of semiconductor nanowire photodetectors by terahertz near-field nanoscopy
- Nanoscale Probing of Cholesterol-Rich Domains in Single Bilayer Dimyristoyl-Phosphocholine Membranes Using Near-Field Spectroscopic ImagingLight-induced irreversible structural phase transition in trilayer graphene
- Multiple Tunable Hyperbolic Resonances in Broadband Infrared Carbon-Nanotube MetamaterialsRapid Infrared Spectroscopic Nano-Imaging with nano-FTIR Holography
- Quantitative Nano-Infrared Spectroscopy of Anisotropic van der Waals MaterialsMolecular Sensitivity of Near-Field Vibrational Infrared Imaging
- Nanospectroscopy of a single patch antenna strongly coupled to a mid-infrared intersubband transition in a quantum wellPhonon‐Enhanced Near‐Field Spectroscopy to Extract the Local Electronic Properties of Buried 2D Electron Systems in Oxide Heterostructures
- Near-field infrared nanospectroscopy reveals guest confinement in metal-organic framework single crystalsFTIR Nanospectroscopy Shows Molecular Structures of Plant Biominerals and Cell Walls
- In situ nanoscale imaging of moiré superlattices in twisted van der Waals heterostructuresNano-photocurrent Mapping of Local Electronic Structure in Twisted Bilayer Graphene
- High performance crystalline nanocellulose using an ancestral endoglucanaseA rewritable optical storage medium of silk proteins using near-field nano-optics
- Ultrathin Free-Standing Oxide Membranes for Electron and Photon Spectroscopy Studies of Solid–Gas and Solid–Liquid InterfacesProtein nanoribbons template enamel mineralization
- Rational electronic control of carbon dioxide reduction over cobalt oxideFemtosecond exciton dynamics in WSe2 optical waveguides
- Configurable phonon polaritons in twisted α-MoO3Subsurface chemical nanoidentification by nano-FTIR spectroscopy
- Moiré engineering of electronic phenomena in correlated oxidesNear-Field Spectroscopy of Cylindrical Phonon-Polariton Antennas
- Topological polaritons and photonic magic angles in twisted α-MoO3 bilayersLaser THz emission nanoscopy and THz nanoscopy
- Plasmonic nanojet: an experimental demonstrationNear-field infrared nanospectroscopy of surface phonon-polariton resonances
- Infrared Permittivity of the Biaxial van der Waals Semiconductor α‐MoO3 from Near‐ and Far‐Field Correlative StudiesChemical switching of low-loss phonon polaritons in α-MoO3 by hydrogen intercalation
- Acceleration of Subwavelength Polaritons by Engineering Dielectric-Metallic SubstratesNear-field mapping of the edge mode of a topological valley slab waveguide at λ = 1.55 μm
- Watching in situ the hydrogen diffusion dynamics in magnesium on the nanoscalePyramid-Shaped Single-Crystalline Nanostructure of Molybdenum with Excellent Mechanical, Electrical, and Optical Properties
- Infrared Nanoimaging of Surface Plasmons in Type-II Dirac Semimetal PtTe2 NanoribbonsResonant nanostructures for highly confined and ultra-sensitive surface phonon-polaritons
- Interferometric near-field characterization of plasmonic slot waveguides in single- and poly-crystalline gold filmsBroad spectral tuning of ultra-low-loss polaritons in a van der Waals crystal by intercalation
- Grayscale Nanopatterning of Phase-Change Materials for Subwavelength-Scaled, Inherently Planar, Nonvolatile, and Reconfigurable Optical DevicesUltrabright single-photon emission from germanium-vacancy zero-phonon lines: deterministic emitter-waveguide interfacing at plasmonic hot spots
- Structure and Chemical Properties of Non-metallic Materials Based on Near-field Optical MicroscopeDual-mode response behavior of a graphene oxide implanted energetic system under different thermal stimuli
- Nonlinear dielectric properties of BaTiO3 - Silver composites: The role of microstructureManipulating Phonon Polaritons in Low Loss 11B enriched Hexagonal Boron Nitride with Polarization Control
- Nanoscale Guiding of Infrared Light with Hyperbolic Volume and Surface Polaritons in van der Waals Material RibbonsConformation in Ultrathin Polymer Brush Coatings Resolved by Infrared Nanoscopy
- Exploiting Phonon‐Resonant Near‐Field Interaction for the Nanoscale Investigation of Extended DefectsVisibility of subsurface nanostructures in scattering-type scanning near-field optical microscopy imaging
- Nanoscale Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging of Catalytic Reactions in Cu2O CrystalsEfficient All‐Optical Plasmonic Modulators with Atomically Thin Van Der Waals Heterostructures
- Near-field imaging of the multi-resonant mode induced broadband tunable metamaterial absorberTHz Near-Field Imaging of Extreme Subwavelength Metal Structures
- Super-Slippery Degraded Black Phosphorus/Silicon Dioxide InterfaceMono-crystalline gold platelets: a high-quality platform for surface plasmon polaritons
- Surface optical characterization at nanoscale using phasor representation of data acquired by scattering scanning near-field optical microscopyFacile preparation and synergetic energy releasing of nano-Al@RDX@Viton hollow microspheres
- Optical modulator based on the coupling effect of different surface plasmon modes excited on the metasurfaceInfrared nano-spectroscopy of ferroelastic domain walls in hybrid improper ferroelectric Ca3Ti2O7
- TiN Nanorods as Effective Substrate for Surface-Enhanced Raman ScatteringRefractive Index-Based Control of Hyperbolic Phonon-Polariton Propagation
- Nanoscale mapping of chemical composition in organic-inorganic hybrid perovskite filmsNear-field infrared microscopy of nanometer-sized nickel clusters inside single-walled carbon nanotubes
- Multi-technique microscopy investigation on bacterial biofilm matrices: a study on Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical strainsA Multibeam Interference Model for Analyzing Complex Near‐Field Images of Polaritons in 2D van der Waals Microstructures
- Silver nano-needles: focused optical field induced solution synthesis and application in remote-excitation nanofocusing SERSDipole modelling for a robust description of subdiffractional polariton waves
- Polariton nanophotonics using phase-change materialsExamination on Optical Properties of Two-Dimensional Materials Using Near-Field Optical Microscopy
- Effects of newly devised plasma lice comb on human hairSubstrate Matters: Surface-Polariton Enhanced Infrared Nanospectroscopy of Molecular Vibrations
- On the Large Near-Field Enhancement on Nanocolumnar Gold SubstratesExperimental observed plasmon near-field response in isolated suspended graphene resonators
- Soliton superlattices in twisted hexagonal boron nitrideLibrary based identification and characterisation of polymers with nano-FTIR and IR-sSNOM imaging
- Synchrotron infrared nanospectroscopy on a graphene chipNear-Field Imaging of Surface Plasmons from the Bulk and Surface State of Topological Insulator Bi2Te2Se
- Imaging propagative exciton polaritons in atomically thin WSe2 waveguidesAnisotropic Strain-Induced Soliton Movement Changes Stacking Order and Band-Structure of Graphene Multilayers: Implications for Charge Transport
- Near-field infrared spectroscopy of monolayer MnPS3Simultaneous scanning near-field optical and X-ray diffraction microscopy for correlative nanoscale structure–property characterization
- Tailored Plasmons in Pentacene/Graphene Heterostructures with Interlayer Electron TransferUltrafast nonlocal collective dynamics of Kane plasmon-polaritons in a narrow-gap semiconductor
- Probing mid-infrared plasmon resonances in extended radial fractal structuresLaunching of hyperbolic phonon-polaritons in h-BN slabs by resonant metal plasmonic antennas
- Infrared Nanospectroscopy at the Graphene–Electrolyte InterfaceHyperspectral time-domain terahertz nano-imaging
- Tin diselenide van der Waals materials as new candidates for mid-infrared waveguide chipsAn analysis of isolated and intact RBC membranes — a comparison of a semiquantitative approach by means of FTIR, nano-FTIR and Raman spectroscopies
- High sensitivity variable-temperature infrared nanoscopy of conducting oxide interfacesQuantification of carrier density gradients along axially-doped silicon nanowires using infrared nanoscopy
- Kompakte Ultrakurzpulslaser für komplexe MessaufgabenObservation of Intersubband Polaritons in a Single Nanoantenna Using Nano-FTIR Spectroscopy
- Raman imaging highlights biochemical heterogeneity of human eosinophils versus human eosinophilic leukaemia cell lineA mid-infrared biaxial hyperbolic van der Waals crystal
- Excitation of Strong Localized Surface Plasmon Resonances in Highly Metallic Titanium Nitride Nano-Antennas for Stable Performance at Elevated TemperaturesIdentification of Large Isotope Anomalies in Quartz by Infrared Spectroscopy
- Co-assembly of nisin and zein in microfluidics for enhanced antilisterial activity in Queso FrescoOptical Response Properties of Stable and Controllable Au Nanorod Monolayer Meta-Arrays
- Tunable Modal Birefringence in a Low-Loss Van Der Waals WaveguideSpin–Orbit Interaction of Light in Plasmonic Lattices
- Quantifying Polymer Chain Orientation in Strong and Tough Nanofibers with Low Crystallinity: Toward Next Generation Nanostructured SuperfibersNanoscale optical and structural characterisation of silk
- Engineering phonon polaritons in van der Waals heterostructures to enhance in-plane optical anisotropyAnderson Localized Plasmon in Graphene with Random Tensile‐Strain Distribution
- Probes for ultra-sensitive THz nanoscopyHighly confined and switchable mid-Infrared surface phonon polariton resonances of planar circular cavities with a phase change material
- Phase‐Change Hyperbolic Heterostructures for Nanopolaritonics: A Case Study of hBN/VO2Plasmon Control Driven by Spatial Carrier Density Modulation in Graphene
- Highly resonant graphene plasmon hotspots in complex nanoresonator geometriesNear-field microscopy inspection of nano scratch defects on the monocrystalline silicon surface
- Real-space mapping of mid-infrared near-field of Yagi-Uda antenna in the emission modeA Plasmon-Mediated Electron Emission Process
- In-plane coherent control of plasmon resonances for plasmonic switching and encodingTransient exciton-polariton dynamics in WSe2 by ultrafast near-field imaging
- Resonance coupling in hybrid gold nanohole–monolayer WS2 nanostructuresAnisotropic Flow Control and Gate Modulation of Hybrid Phonon-Polaritons
- Mapping Polymer Molecular Order in the SEM with Secondary Electron Hyperspectral ImagingPlanar and van der Waals heterostructures for vertical tunnelling single electron transistors
- Deeply subwavelength phonon-polaritonic crystal made of a van der Waals materialMultiscale connections between morphology and chemistry in crystalline, zinc-substituted hydroxyapatite nanofilms designed for biomedical applications
- Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Suspended Hexagonal Boron NitrideSolution Processing for Lateral Transition Metal Dichalcogenides Homojunction from Polymorphic Crystal
- Nanocombing Effect Leads to Nanowire-Based, in-Plane, Uniaxial Thin FilmsPhotonic crystals for nano-light in moiré graphene superlattices
- Nanospectroscopy of Infrared Phonon Resonance Enables Local Quantification of Electronic Properties in Doped SrTiO3 CeramicsNanoscale Near-Field Tomography of Surface States on (Bi0.5Sb0.5)2Te3
- Selected‐Area Chemical Nanoengineering of Vanadium Dioxide Nanostructures Through Nonlithographic Direct WritingSb2Te3 Growth Study Reveals That Formation of Nanoscale Charge Carrier Domains Is an Intrinsic Feature Relevant for Electronic Applications
- Ultrastructural and SINS analysis of the cell wall integrity response of Aspergillus nidulans to the absence of galactofuranoseIn-plane anisotropic and ultra-low-loss polaritons in a natural van der Waals crystal
- Reconfigurable infrared hyperbolic metasurfaces using phase change materialsSpatial and Frequency Selective Plasmonic Metasurface for Long Wavelength Infrared Spectral Region
- Near-field infrared nanospectroscopy and super-resolution fluorescence microscopy enable complementary nanoscale analyses of lymphocyte nucleiDirect Characterization of Near-Field Coupling in Gap Plasmon-Based Metasurfaces
- Electrically and Thermally Tunable Smooth Silicon Metasurfaces for Broadband Terahertz AntireflectionHighly Organized Epitaxy of Dirac Semimetallic PtTe2 Crystals with Extrahigh Conductivity and Visible Surface Plasmons at Edges
- Nano-imaging of intersubband transitions in van der Waals quantum wellsHybrid graphene metasurfaces for high-speed mid-infrared light modulation and single-pixel imaging
- Structure-Function Correlative Microscopy of Peritubular and Intertubular DentineLabel-free Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging of Single Phospholipid Bilayers with Nanoscale Resolution
- Nano-imaging of an edge-excited plasmon mode in grapheneInterplay of non-uniform charge distribution on the electrochemical modification of graphene
- Optical skyrmion lattice in evanescent electromagnetic fieldsHighly stable aromatic poly (ether sulfone) composite ion exchange membrane for vanadium flow battery
- Near-field imaging of graphene triangles patterned by helium ion lithographyThe chemical fingerprint of hair melanosomes by infrared nano-spectroscopy
- Internal nanostructure diagnosis with hyperbolic phonon polaritons in hexagonal boron nitrideUnderstanding the image contrast of material boundaries in IR nanoscopy reaching 5 nm spatial resolution
- Tunable Low Loss 1D Surface Plasmons in InAs NanowiresPhase-resolved terahertz self-detection nearfield microscopy
- Selective excitation and imaging of ultraslow phonon polaritons in thin hexagonal boron nitride crystalsNanoscale hydrogenography on single magnesium nanoparticles
- Combined Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy and Scattering-Type Scanning Near-Field Optical MicroscopyFlexible and Electrically Tunable Plasmons in Graphene– Mica Heterostructures
- Ultra-confined mid-infrared resonant phonon polaritons in van der Waals nanostructuresProbing structural changes in single enveloped virus particles using nano-infrared spectroscopic imaging
- Few-layer 1T′ MoTe2 as gapless semimetal with thickness dependent carrier transportCompressed sensing FTIR nano-spectroscopy and nano-imaging
- Bi2O3 Monolayers from Elemental Liquid BismuthInfrared nanospectroscopy reveals the chemical nature of pit membranes in water-conducting cells of the plant xylem
- Near-Field Surface Waves in Few-Layer MoS2Far Infrared Synchrotron Near-Field Nanoimaging and Nanospectroscopy
- Ultra-confined surface phonon polaritons in molecular layers of van der Waals dielectricsInhomogeneity of Cellulose Microfibril Assembly in Plant Cell Walls Revealed with Sum Frequency Generation Microscopy
- Optically Unraveling the Edge Chirality‐Dependent Band Structure and Plasmon Damping in Graphene EdgesLow-aberration beamline optics for synchrotron infrared nanospectroscopy
- Broadband Multifunctional Plasmonic Logic GatesInfrared Nanospectroscopy of Phospholipid and Surfactin Monolayer Domains
- Infrared Fingerprints of Natural 2D Talc and Plasmon–Phonon Coupling in Graphene–Talc HeterostructuresHighly Confined and Tunable Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Van Der Waals Semiconducting Transition Metal Oxides
- Transport mechanisms in a puckered graphene-on-latticeNanoscale control over optical singularities
- Improving Luttinger-liquid plasmons in carbon nanotubes by chemical doping30 s Response Time of K+ Ion‐Selective Hydrogels Functionalized with 18‐Crown‐6 Ether Based on QCM Sensor
- Aggregating sequences that occur in many proteins constitute weak spots of bacterial proteostasisHighly repeatable nanoscale phase coexistence in vanadium dioxide films
- Infrared hyperbolic metasurface based on nanostructured van der Waals materialsContinuous multispectral imaging of surface phonon polaritons on silicon carbide with an external cavity quantum cascade laser
- CdS Nanoribbon‐Based Resistive Switches with Ultrawidely Tunable Power by Surface Charge Transfer DopingAll-electronic terahertz nanoscopy
- Quantum Control of Graphene Plasmon Excitation and Propagation at Heaviside Potential StepsHigh performance mixed matrix membranes (MMMs) composed of ZIF-94 filler and 6FDA-DAM polymer
- Boron nitride nanoresonators for phonon-enhanced molecular vibrational spectroscopy at the strong coupling limitUltralow-loss polaritons in isotopically pure boron nitride
- Temperature dependent infrared nano-imaging of La0.67Sr0.33MnO3 thin filmNanoimaging of Electronic Heterogeneity in Bi2Se3 and Sb2Te3 Nanocrystals
- Air and chlorine gas corrosion of different silicon carbides analyzed by nano-Fourier-transform infrared (nano-FTIR) spectroscopyProbing optical anisotropy of nanometer-thin van der waals microcrystals by near-field imaging
- Macroscopic alignment and assembly of π-conjugated oligopeptides using colloidal microchannelsNanoscale Characterization of Individual Horizontally Aligned Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Propagating Plasmons in a Charge-Neutral Quantum Tunneling TransistorDirect amplitude-phase near-field observation of higher-order anapole states
- THz nanofocusing with cantilevered THz-resonant antenna tipsNanoscale Laser Terahertz Emission Microscopy
- Launching Phonon Polaritons by Natural Boron Nitride Wrinkles with Modifiable Dispersion by Dielectric EnvironmentsPlasmon Reflections by Topological Electronic Boundaries in Bilayer Graphene
- High-Resolution Nanoscpectroscopy of Boron Nitride NanotubesMechanical Detection and Imaging of Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Hexagonal Boron Nitride
- Highly Efficient and Air-Stable Infrared Photodetector Based on 2D Layered Graphene–Black Phosphorus HeterostructureInfrared Nanoimaging Reveals the Surface Metallic Plasmons in Topological Insulator
- Broadband near-field infrared spectroscopy with a high temperature plasma light sourceIntrinsic Plasmon–Phonon Interactions in Highly Doped Graphene: A Near-Field Imaging Study
- Oxygen impact on the electronic and vibrational properties of black phosphorus probed by synchrotron infrared nanospectroscopyPorous Two-Dimensional Monolayer Metal−Organic Framework Material and Its Use for the Size-Selective Separation of Nanoparticles
- Enhancing the sensitivity of nano-FTIR spectroscopyPrecise Protein Photolithography (P3): High Performance Biopatterning Using Silk Fibroin Light Chain as the Resist
- The Light-Induced Field-Effect Solar Cell Concept – Perovskite Nanoparticle Coating Introduces Polarization Enhancing Silicon Cell EfﬁciencyElectrical 2π phase control of infrared light in a 350-nm footprint using graphene plasmons
- Phonon-Polaritonic Bowtie Nanoantennas: Controlling Infrared Thermal Radiation at the NanoscaleImaging metal-like monoclinic phase stabilized by surface coordination effect in vanadium dioxide nanobeamImaging metal-like monoclinic phase stabilized by surface coordination effect in vanadium dioxide nanobeam
- Tuning quantum nonlocal effects in graphene plasmonicsNanoimaging of resonating hyperbolic polaritons in linear boron nitride antennas
- Hybrid plasmonic waveguides formed by metal coating of dielectric ridgesImaging exciton–polariton transport in MoSe2 waveguides
- Extraordinary linear dynamic range in laser-defined functionalized graphene photodetectorsActive Mediation of Plasmon Enhanced Localized Exciton Generation, Carrier Diffusion and Enhanced Photon Emission
- White Light Generation and Anisotropic Damage in Gold Films near Percolation ThresholdTailoring of electromagnetic field localizations by two-dimensional graphene nanostructures
- Dual-Scattering Near-Field Microscope for Correlative Nanoimaging of SERS and Electromagnetic HotspotsFlexible, Transparent, and Free-Standing Silicon Nanowire SERS Platform for in Situ Food Inspection
- Hyperspectral infrared nanoimaging of organic samples based on Fourier transform infrared nanospectroscopyEffects of edge on graphene plasmons as revealed by infrared nanoimaging
- High performance photodetector based on 2D CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite nanosheetsDirect Electrical Probing of Periodic Modulation of Zinc-Dopant Distributions in Planar Gallium Arsenide Nanowires
- Bridged Bowtie Aperture Antenna for Producing an Electromagnetic Hot SpotFemtosecond photo-switching of interface polaritons in black phosphorus heterostructures
- Optical Nanoimaging of Hyperbolic Surface Polaritons at the Edges of van der Waals MaterialsStudy of graphene plasmons in graphene–MoS2 heterostructures for optoelectronic integrated devices
- An alternative approach for the incorporation of cellulose nanocrystals in flexible polyurethane foams based on renewably sourced polyolsUltra-confined plasmonic hotspots inside graphene nanobubbles
- Visible Range Plasmonic Modes on Topological Insulator NanostructuresAcoustic terahertz graphene plasmons revealed by photocurrent nanoscopy
- Tailorable reflection of surface plasmons in defect engineered grapheneThermoelectric detection and imaging of propagating graphene plasmons
- Molybdenum Nanoscrews: A Novel Non-coinage-Metal Substrate for Surface-Enhanced Raman ScatteringNanoscopy of Phase Separation in InxGa1–xN Alloys
- Chemically-doped graphene with improved surface plasmon characteristics: an optical near-field studyReversible Structural Swell-Shrink and Recoverable Optical Properties in Hybrid Inorganic-Organic Perovskite
- Scattering near-field optical microscopy on metallic and semiconducting carbon nanotube bundles in the infraredGate-Tunable Spatial Modulation of Localized Plasmon Resonances
- Nanofocusing of Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in a Tapered Boron Nitride SlabReversible optical switching of highly confined phonon–polaritons with an ultrathin phase-change material
- Nanoscopy of Black Phosphorus DegradationImaging of Anomalous Internal Reflections of Hyperbolic Phonon-Polaritons in Hexagonal Boron Nitride
- Ultrafast optical switching of infrared plasmon polaritons in high-mobility grapheneReal-space mapping of tailored sheet and edge plasmons in graphene nanoresonators
- Two-dimensional optical nanovortices at visible lightNear-field characterization of bound plasmonic modes in metal strip waveguides
- Exploring the detection limits of infrared near-field microscopy regarding small buried structures and pushing them by exploiting superlens-related effectsNano-FTIR microscopy and spectroscopy studies of atmospheric corrosion with a spatial resolution of 20 nm
- Near-field photocurrent nanoscopy on bare and encapsulated grapheneFar-Field Spectroscopy and Near-Field Optical Imaging of Coupled Plasmon–Phonon Polaritons in 2D van der Waals Heterostructures
- Harnessing a Quantum Design Approach for Making Low-Loss SuperlensesNanoscale plasmonic phenomena in CVD-grown MoS2 monolayer revealed by ultra-broadband synchrotron radiation based nano-FTIR spectroscopy and near-field microscopy
- Ultrafast Mid-Infrared Nanoscopy of Strained Vanadium Dioxide NanobeamsHigh spatial resolution (1.1 μm and 20 nm) FTIR polarization contrast imaging reveals pre-rupture disorder in damaged tendon
- Active Optical Metasurfaces Based on Defect-Engineered Phase-Transition MaterialsNanoscale Insights into the Hydrogenation Process of Layered α-MoO3
- Real-Space Mapping of the Chiral Near-Field Distributions in Spiral Antennas and Planar MetasurfacesSpin-patterned plasmonics: towards optical access to topological-insulator surface states
- Nanoscale shaping and focusing of visible light in planar metal–oxide–silicon waveguidesNew IR imaging modalities for cancer detection and for intra-cell chemical mapping with a sub-diffraction mid-IR s-SNOM
- Edge and Surface Plasmons in Graphene NanoribbonsBoosting Local Field Enhancement by on-Chip Nanofocusing and Impedance-Matched Plasmonic Antennas
- Mapping the near fields of plasmonic nanoantennas by scattering-type scanning near-field optical microscopyImaging of phase change materials below a capping layer using correlative infrared near-field microscopy and electron microscopy
- Plasmons in graphene moiré superlatticesDirect observation of ultraslow hyperbolic polariton propagation with negative phase velocity
- Control of plasmonic nanoantennas by reversible metal-insulator transitionA centimeter-scale sub-10 nm gap plasmonic nanorod array film as a versatile platform for enhancing light–matter interactions
- Graphene-Based Platform for Infrared Near-Field Nano-Spectroscopy of Water and Biological Materials in an Aqueous EnvironmentTunneling Plasmonics in Bilayer Graphene
- Tuning and Persistent Switching of Graphene Plasmons on a Ferroelectric SubstratePhase transition in bulk single crystals and thin films of VO2 by nanoscale infrared spectroscopy and imaging
- Hyperbolic phonon-polaritons in boron nitride for near-field optical imaging and focusingGraphene on hexagonal boron nitride as a tunable hyperbolic metamaterial
- Graphene/h-BN plasmon–phonon coupling and plasmon delocalization observed by infrared nano-spectroscopyNear-field imaging of phased array metasurfaces
- Magnitude and phase-resolved infrared vibrational nanospectroscopy with a swept quantum cascade laserThe reduction of surface plasmon losses in quasi-suspended graphene
- Hybrid Graphene–Perovskite Phototransistors with Ultrahigh Responsivity and GainSubdiffractional focusing and guiding of polaritonic rays in a natural hyperbolic material
- Solvothermally Synthesized Sb2Te3 Platelets Show Unexpected Optical Contrasts in Mid-Infrared Near-Field Scanning MicroscopyEfficient interfacing photonic and long-range dielectric-loaded plasmonic waveguides
- Relation of chemical composition to asphalt microstructure – Details and properties of micro-structures in bitumen as seen by thermal and friction force microscopy and by scanning near-filed optical microscopyIR Near-Field Study of the Solid Electrolyte Interphase on a Tin Electrode
- Monolayers of WxMo12xS2 alloy heterostructure with in-plane composition variationsNanoscale-resolved chemical identification of thin organic films using infrared near-field spectroscopy and standard Fourier transform infrared references
- Highly confined low-loss plasmons in graphene–boron nitride heterostructuresNanoscale infrared spectroscopy as a non-destructive probe of extraterrestrial samples
- Impedance spectroscopy characterization of relaxation mechanisms in gold–chitosan nanocompositesTiny Crystals Located and Identified by Infrared Nanoscopy
- IR Near-Field Spectroscopy and Imaging of Single LixFePO4 MicrocrystalsSub-100 nm Focusing of Short Wavelength Plasmons in Homogeneous 2D Space
- Ultrafast multi-terahertz nano-spectroscopy with sub-cycle temporal resolutionNear-Field Mapping of Optical Modes on All-Dielectric Silicon Nanodisks
- Near-field imaging and spectroscopy of locally strained GaN using an IR broadband laserUltrafast Dynamics of Surface Plasmons in InAs by Time-Resolved Infrared Nanospectroscopy
- Graphene-Enhanced Infrared Near-Field MicroscopyCheckerboard Nanoplasmonic Gold Structure for Long-Wave Infrared Absorption Enhancement
- Characterization of semiconductor materials using synchrotron radiation-based near-field infrared microscopy and nano-FTIR spectroscopyDirect Characterization of Plasmonic Slot Waveguides and Nanocouplers
- Sub-micron phase coexistence in small-molecule organic thin films revealed by infrared nano-imagingBundle versus network conductivity of carbon nanotubes separated by type
- Polarization-Resolved Near-Field Characterization of Nanoscale Infrared Modes in Transmission Lines Fabricated by Gallium and Helium Ion Beam MillingRecovery of Permittivity and Depth from Near-Field Data as a Step toward Infrared Nanotomography
- Controlling graphene plasmons with resonant metal antennas and spatial conductivity patternsDirect Near-Field Observation of Orientation-Dependent Optical Response of Gold Nanorods
- Nanofocusing in circular sector-like nanoantennasTunable Phonon Polaritons in Atomically Thin van der Waals Crystals of Boron Nitride
- Ultrafast and Nanoscale Plasmonic Phenomena in Exfoliated Graphene Revealed by Infrared Pump−Probe NanoscopyStructural analysis and mapping of individual protein complexes by infrared nanospectroscopy
- Strong Plasmon Reflection at Nanometer-Size Gaps in Monolayer Graphene on SiCAnisotropic Electronic State via Spontaneous Phase Separation in Strained Vanadium Dioxide Films
- Electronic and plasmonic phenomena at graphene grain boundariesProbe-sample optical interaction: size and wavelength dependence in localized plasmon near-field imaging
- Anisotropic Electronic State via Spontaneous Phase Separation in Strained Vanadium Dioxide FilmsExperimental Verification of the Spectral Shift between Near- and Far-Field Peak Intensities of Plasmonic Infrared Nanoantennas
- Visibility of weak contrasts in subsurface scattering near-field microscopyQuantitative Measurement of Local Infrared Absorption and Dielectric Function with Tip-Enhanced Near-Field Microscopy
- Near-field imaging and nano-Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy using broadband synchrotron radiationVisualizing the near-field coupling and interference of bonding and anti-bonding modes in infrared dimer nanoantennas
- Resonant Antenna Probes for Tip-Enhanced Infrared Near-Field MicroscopyVisualisation of methacrylate-embedded human bone sections by infrared nanoscopy
- Correlative infrared–electron nanoscopy reveals the local structure–conductivity relationship in zinc oxide nanowires.Near-field spectroscopy of silicon dioxide thin films
- Nanoscale near-field infrared spectroscopic imaging of silica-shell/gold-core and pure silica nanoparticlesCharacterization of localized surface plasmon resonance transducers produced from Au25 nanoparticle multilayers
- Antenna-enhanced infrared near-field nanospectroscopy of a polymerReal-space mapping of nanoplasmonic hotspots via optical antenna-gap loading
- Nanoscale Layering of Antiferromagnetic and Superconducting Phases in Rb2Fe4Se5 Single Crystals.Gate-tuning of graphene plasmons revealed by infrared nano-imaging
- Optical nano-imaging of gate-tunable graphene plasmonsnano-FTIR absorption spectroscopy of molecular fingerprints at 20 nm spatial resolution.
- Quasi-analytical model for scattering infrared near-field microscopy on layered systems.nano-FTIR chemical mapping of minerals in biological materials
- Resolving the electromagnetic mechanism of surface-enhanced light scattering at single hot spotsPhase in Nanooptics
- Enhanced resolution in subsurface near-field optical microscopyDesigner magnetoplasmonics with Nickel Nanoferromagnets
- Infrared nanoscopy of Dirac Plasmons at the Graphene-SiO2 InterfaceNanoscale subsurface- and material-specific identification of single nanoparticles
- Longitudinal and transverse coupling in infrared gold nanoantenna arrays: long range versus short range interaction regimesReal-Space Mapping of Fano Interference in Plasmonic Metamolecules
- Nanoscale Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy of Individual Nanoparticles Enabled by Scattering-Type Near-Field MicroscopyPlasmonic Nickel Nanoantennas
- Infrared-spectroscopic nanoimaging with a thermal sourceNanofocusing of mid-infrared energy with tapered transmission lines
- Broadband-infrared assessment of phonon resonance in scattering-type near-field microscopyPhase-Resolved Mapping of the Near-Field Vector and Polarization State in Nanoscale Antenna Gaps
- Amplitude- and Phase-Resolved Near-Field Mapping of Infrared Antenna Modes by Transmission-Mode Scattering-Type Near-Field MicroscopyNanoscale Free Carrier Profiling on Individual Semiconductor Nanowires by Infrared Near-Field Nanoscopy
- Infrared spectroscopic near-field mapping of single nanotransistorsInhomogeneous electronic state near the insulator-to-metal transition in the correlated oxide VO2
- Nanoscale conductivity contrast by scattering-type near-field optical microscopy in the visible, infrared and THz domainsNear-field nanoscopy by elastic light scattering from a tip in Nano-Optics and Near-Field Optical Microscopy
- Controlling the near-field oscillations of loaded plasmonic nanoantennasNanoscale residual stress-field mapping around nanoindents in SiC by IR s-SNOM and confocal Raman microscopy
- Infrared nanoscopy of strained semiconductors.Influence of the tip in near-field imaging of nanoparticle plasmon modes: Weak and strong coupling regimes
- Substrate-enhanced infrared near-field spectroscopyFocusing of surface phonon polaritons
- Terahertz Near-Field Nanoscopy of Mobile Carriers in Single Semiconductor NanodevicesA terahertz nanoscope
- Mott Transition in VO2 Revealed by Infrared Spectroscopy and Nano-ImagingAnalytical model for quantitative prediction of material contrasts in scattering-type near-field optical microscopy
- Local excitation and interference of surface phonon polaritons studied by near-field infrared microscopyMaterial-Specific Infrared Recognition of Single Sub-10 nm Particles by Substrate-Enhanced Scattering-Type Near-Field Microscopy
- Simultaneous IR Material Recognition and Conductivity Mapping by Nanoscale Near-Field MicroscopyPseudoheterodyne detection for background-free near-field spectroscopy
- Near-Field Microscopy Through a SiC SuperlensInfrared Imaging of Single Nanoparticles via Strong Field Enhancement in a Scanning Nanogap
- Nanoscale Resolved Infrared Probing of Crystal Structure and of Plasmon−Phonon CouplingInfrared Spectroscopic Mapping of Single Nanoparticles and Viruses at Nanoscale Resolution
- Resonant light scattering by near-field induced phonon polaritonsNanoscale resolved subsurface imaging by scattering-type near-field optical microscopy
- Near-field imaging of mid-infrared surface phonon polariton propagationNear-field optical microscopy by elastic light scattering from a tip
- Nanomechanical Resonance Tuning and Phase Effects in Optical Near-Field InteractionSubwavelength-scale tailoring of surface phonon polaritons by focused ion-beam implantation
- Contrast and scattering efficiency of scattering-type near-field optical probesNanoscale polymer recognition by spectral signature in scattering infrared near-field microscopy
- Performance of visible and mid-infrared scattering-type near-field optical microscopesCoherent imaging of nanoscale plasmon patterns with a carbon nanotube optical probe
- Material-specific mapping of metal/semiconductor/dielectric nanosystems at 10 nm resolution by backscattering near-field optical microscopyPhonon-enhanced light-matter interaction at the nanometre scale.
- Pure optical contrast in scattering-type scanning near-field microscopyOptical oscillation modes of plasmon particles observed in direct space by phase-contrast near-field microscopy
- Complex optical constants on a subwavelength scale
We’re expanding the nanoworld! As of November 4th, neaspec represents the business sector ‘Nanoscale Analytics‘ within attocube systems. Together with...
The workshop takes you through… scientific talks on various applications held by near-field microscopy experts tutorials on basic principles &...
neaspec today received the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award. The rankings are based on the percentage sales growth of the...
An international team led by researchers from Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), University of Oviedo (Asturias, Spain), CIC nanoGUNE (San Sebastián, Spain), and Soochow University (Suzhou,...
neaspec is selected as a top 3 finalist of the “Prism Award 2018” for the cryo-neaSNOM microsocope. The Photonics Prism...
With the support of the Canadian Light Source (CLS), a live demonstration of the neaSNOM nano-FTIR microscope in August 2016 provided researchers...
neaspec’s neaSNOM microscope wins the prestigious iF design award 2016 in the category products. Each year the iF International Forum Design GmbH awards...
Due to their long wavelengths, terahertz radiation runs into difficulties when detecting extremely small structures. However, by combining terahertz radiation...
Prof. Rainer Hillenbrand (neaspec Scientific Advisor & Co-Founder) wins the Ludwig-Genzel-Prize 2014 for the design and development of infrared near-field...
Munich-based nanotechnology specialist attocube took over the majority share in neaspec GmbH by mid-February. neaspec and attocube share a common...
neaspec won the STEP award competition 2013 for the best product & technology. The laudators emphasized that the prize was...
The neaspec website was redesigned from scratch and is now live. The new website provides several advantages: Easier navigation More...
nano-FTIR from neaspec wins the prestigous Microscopy Today Innovation Award 2013. The prize is awarded yearly for the top international innovations...
neaspec is selected as a top 10 finalist of the “Deutscher Gründerpreis 2013″, Germany’s most prestigious Start-Up award initiated by...
Nanoscale chemical identification and mapping of materials now becomes possible with nano-FTIR from neaspec GmbH. This technique combines the best...
This year, neaspec wins two(!) CeNS publication awards from the Center of NanoScience in Munich: One for a Nano Letters...
neaspec is selected as a top 20 finalist of the STEP award competition 2012. The STEP Award is a german enterprise...
Two independent research teams have successfully used their infrared near-field microscopes (neaSNOM) for laying down a ghost: visualizing Dirac plasmons...
neaspec wins the CeNS Puplication Award 2011 for their publication “Infrared-spectroscopic nanoimaging with a thermal source” in Nature Materials
neaspec is selected as a top 20 finalist of the STEP award competition 2011. The STEP Award is a german...