Nanoscale imaging & spectroscopy application notes
Researchers at the University of Stuttgart equiped with a neaspec microscope have now succeeded to observe switching processes at previously unattained nanometer resolution.
Researchers from Georgia employed nano-FTIR spectroscopy and IR nanoscale imaging for investigating how individual enveloped viruses (CoV, IFV, HIV, Ebola, etc.) enter into a host cell, revealing new membrane penetration mechanisms and inhibition processes for antiviral therapies.
neaspec’s neaSNOM was used by researchers at the CIC nanoGUNE to visualize how light moves in time and space inside an exotic class of matter known as hyperbolic materials. For the first time, ultraslow pulse propagation and backward propagating waves in deep subwavelength-scale thick slabs of boron nitride – a natural hyperbolic material for infrared light – could be observed.
neaspec GmbH and Fraunhofer IPM have developed a ready-to-use terahertz system that is capable of achieving a spatial resolution of 30 nanometers in combination with neaspec’s near-field microscope - neaSNOM
Using nano-FTIR neaSNOM it could be shown that thin-film organic semiconductors contain regions of structural disorder. These could inhibit the transport of charge and limit the efficiency of organic electronic devices.
The neaSNOM microscope equipped with a THz illumination unit were applied in ultrafast spectroscopy to take snapshots of super-fast electronic nano-motion. The scientists were able to record a 3D movie of electrons moving at the surface of a semiconductor nanowire.
neaspec's neaSNOM microscope allows for launching and controlling light propagating along graphene, opening new venues for extremely miniaturized photonic devices and circuits
nano-FTIR beats the diffraction limit in infrared bio-spectroscopy and probes secondary structure in individual protein complexes
Two independent research teams have successfully used their neaSNOM infrared near-field microscopes for laying down a ghost: visualizing Dirac plasmons propagating along graphene, for the first time.
Near-field microscopy at infared and terahertz frequencies allows to quantify free carrier properties at the nanoscale without the need of electrical contacts.
Based on their unique near-field spectral signature infrared-active materials can be identified with neaSNOM.
Infrared near-field microscopy allows to study the propagation of surface waves in the infrared spectral regime. Amplitude and phase resolved...
Direct verification of superlensing can be achieved by near-field microscopy as the local field transmitted by a superlens can be investigated in the near-field of the lens.
Direct visualization of infrared light transportation and nanofocusing by miniature transmission lines is possible by amplitude- and phase-resolved near-field microscopy.
Amplitude and phase resolved near-field mapping of the local field distribution on resonant IR antennas can be used to analyze the antenna design and its functionality.
The high spatial resolution of infrared near-field microscopy allows for detailed studies of phase transitions in materials like the insulator-to-metal transition of vanadium dioxide (VO2) thin films.
Mapping nanoscale stress/strain fields around nanoindents in the surface of Silicon Carbide (SiC) crystals. Compressive/tensile strain occurs in bright/dark contrast respectively.
The local conductivity of nanowires can be investigated by infrared near-field microscopy.
Customers that trust us
The neaSNOM microscope with it’s imaging and nano-FTIR mode is the most useful research instrument in years, bringing genuinely new insights.
The neaSNOM near-field microscope and it’s user-friendly software offer us an incredible flexibility for the realization of our unique experiments – without compromises in robustness, handling and ease-of-use.
The great stability and robustness of the neaSNOM are key features for serving our diverse user’s demands. The neaSCAN software is user-friendly and intuitive allowing fresh users to quickly start measuring.
As a newcomer to the near-field optics I am very grateful for the prompt and competent support provided by neaspec’s experts.
We were looking for a flexible research tool capable of characterizing our energy storage materials at the nanoscale. neaSNOM proofed to be the system with the highest spatial resolution in infrared imaging and spectroscopy and brings us substantial new insights for our research.
After very successful scientific research with the neaSNOM microscope, we now decided to bring our research to the next level with the brand-new ultra-low temperature cryo-neaSNOM.
Our neaSNOM microscope enabled us to maximize our scientific output. It also strengthens the collaboration with several partners worldwide.
Surfaces & interfaces play an important role in physical chemistry. The neaSNOM microscope is the ideal tool to study two-dimensional materials, energy conversion & storage. It allows us full access to surface chemical information & modification at the highest spatial resolution.
The neaSNOM is the most powerful tool for plasmonic studies. It provides both, the spatial resolution and the complex field mapping, which is essential to the success of our projects.
We propose to establish a complete set of nano-FTIR and scattering-type SNOM in order to stay competitive in nanophotonics research as well as to maintain our state-of-the-art design and fabrication of novel nanomaterials. Only because of the unique technology from neaspec we were able to win this desirable university grant.
The neaSNOM microscope boosted my research in plasmonic properties of noble metal nanocrystals, optical resonances of dielectric nanostructures, and plasmon polaritons of graphene-like two dimensional nanomaterials.
The unique dual beam-path design of the neaSNOM near-field microscope makes neaspec the natural choice for ultrafast spectroscopy at the nanoscale.
The neaSNOM new imaging technique offers me the right tool to unravel the fascinating world of protein folding in complex biological systems at the nanoscale
A unique advantage of the neaSNOM microscope is that it can be applied to many fields of scientific research such as Chemistry, Semiconductor Technology, Polymer Science and even Life-Science.
I needed a flexible experimental platform with a high degree of optical access. The highly modular design of neaSNOM provides an ideal foundation for the development of my own experiments on top of it.
With its ultra-small & ultra-fast capabilities as well as the highly-compatible & user-friendly design, the neaSNOM near-field microscope offers us unique opportunities to uncover the intriguing nano-optical phenomena of novel two-dimensional materials.
As a near-field expert I was quickly convinced that neaSNOM is the only optical AFM microscope completely satisfying the needs of demanding near-field experiments. It’s the best comercially available technology and in addition really easy to use.
Developed by the s-SNOM experts, the neaSNOM microsocope is the ideal tool for our demanding applications. We work on characterizing opto-electronic devices like LEDs, transistors based on GaN and SiC as well as nanocomposites in e.g. textile fibers.
After many years of research and development in near-field microscopy, we finally made our dream come true to perform infrared imaging & spectroscopy at the nanoscale. With neaSNOM we can additionally realize Raman, fluorescence and non-linear nano-spectroscopy.
neaspec provides an ideal and reliable near-field optical microscope. Their expertise has proved invaluable in setting up my experiments.
Already after the first day of the system installation we have been able to measure publishable data.
Creating remarkable scientific impact
- Femtosecond exciton dynamics in WSe2 optical waveguidesConfigurable phonon polaritons in twisted α-MoO3
- Subsurface chemical nanoidentification by nano-FTIR spectroscopyMoiré engineering of electronic phenomena in correlated oxides
- Near-Field Spectroscopy of Cylindrical Phonon-Polariton AntennasTopological polaritons and photonic magic angles in twisted α-MoO3 bilayers
- Laser THz emission nanoscopy and THz nanoscopyPlasmonic nanojet: an experimental demonstration
- Near-field infrared nanospectroscopy of surface phonon-polariton resonancesInfrared Permittivity of the Biaxial van der Waals Semiconductor α‐MoO3 from Near‐ and Far‐Field Correlative Studies
- Chemical switching of low-loss phonon polaritons in α-MoO3 by hydrogen intercalationAcceleration of Subwavelength Polaritons by Engineering Dielectric-Metallic Substrates
- Near-field mapping of the edge mode of a topological valley slab waveguide at λ = 1.55 μmWatching in situ the hydrogen diffusion dynamics in magnesium on the nanoscale
- Pyramid-Shaped Single-Crystalline Nanostructure of Molybdenum with Excellent Mechanical, Electrical, and Optical PropertiesInfrared Nanoimaging of Surface Plasmons in Type-II Dirac Semimetal PtTe2 Nanoribbons
- Resonant nanostructures for highly confined and ultra-sensitive surface phonon-polaritonsInterferometric near-field characterization of plasmonic slot waveguides in single- and poly-crystalline gold films
- Broad spectral tuning of ultra-low-loss polaritons in a van der Waals crystal by intercalationGrayscale Nanopatterning of Phase-Change Materials for Subwavelength-Scaled, Inherently Planar, Nonvolatile, and Reconfigurable Optical Devices
- Ultrabright single-photon emission from germanium-vacancy zero-phonon lines: deterministic emitter-waveguide interfacing at plasmonic hot spotsStructure and Chemical Properties of Non-metallic Materials Based on Near-field Optical Microscope
- Dual-mode response behavior of a graphene oxide implanted energetic system under different thermal stimuliNonlinear dielectric properties of BaTiO3 - Silver composites: The role of microstructure
- Manipulating Phonon Polaritons in Low Loss 11B enriched Hexagonal Boron Nitride with Polarization ControlNanoscale Guiding of Infrared Light with Hyperbolic Volume and Surface Polaritons in van der Waals Material Ribbons
- Conformation in Ultrathin Polymer Brush Coatings Resolved by Infrared NanoscopyExploiting Phonon‐Resonant Near‐Field Interaction for the Nanoscale Investigation of Extended Defects
- Visibility of subsurface nanostructures in scattering-type scanning near-field optical microscopy imagingNanoscale Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging of Catalytic Reactions in Cu2O Crystals
- Efficient All‐Optical Plasmonic Modulators with Atomically Thin Van Der Waals HeterostructuresNear-field imaging of the multi-resonant mode induced broadband tunable metamaterial absorber
- THz Near-Field Imaging of Extreme Subwavelength Metal StructuresSuper-Slippery Degraded Black Phosphorus/Silicon Dioxide Interface
- Mono-crystalline gold platelets: a high-quality platform for surface plasmon polaritonsSurface optical characterization at nanoscale using phasor representation of data acquired by scattering scanning near-field optical microscopy
- Facile preparation and synergetic energy releasing of nano-Al@RDX@Viton hollow microspheresOptical modulator based on the coupling effect of different surface plasmon modes excited on the metasurface
- Infrared nano-spectroscopy of ferroelastic domain walls in hybrid improper ferroelectric Ca3Ti2O7TiN Nanorods as Effective Substrate for Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Refractive Index-Based Control of Hyperbolic Phonon-Polariton PropagationNanoscale mapping of chemical composition in organic-inorganic hybrid perovskite films
- Near-field infrared microscopy of nanometer-sized nickel clusters inside single-walled carbon nanotubesMulti-technique microscopy investigation on bacterial biofilm matrices: a study on Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical strains
- A Multibeam Interference Model for Analyzing Complex Near‐Field Images of Polaritons in 2D van der Waals MicrostructuresSilver nano-needles: focused optical field induced solution synthesis and application in remote-excitation nanofocusing SERS
- Dipole modelling for a robust description of subdiffractional polariton wavesPolariton nanophotonics using phase-change materials
- Examination on Optical Properties of Two-Dimensional Materials Using Near-Field Optical MicroscopyEffects of newly devised plasma lice comb on human hair
- Substrate Matters: Surface-Polariton Enhanced Infrared Nanospectroscopy of Molecular VibrationsOn the Large Near-Field Enhancement on Nanocolumnar Gold Substrates
- Experimental observed plasmon near-field response in isolated suspended graphene resonatorsSoliton superlattices in twisted hexagonal boron nitride
- Library based identification and characterisation of polymers with nano-FTIR and IR-sSNOM imagingSynchrotron infrared nanospectroscopy on a graphene chip
- Near-Field Imaging of Surface Plasmons from the Bulk and Surface State of Topological Insulator Bi2Te2SeImaging propagative exciton polaritons in atomically thin WSe2 waveguides
- Anisotropic Strain-Induced Soliton Movement Changes Stacking Order and Band-Structure of Graphene Multilayers: Implications for Charge TransportNear-field infrared spectroscopy of monolayer MnPS3
- Simultaneous scanning near-field optical and X-ray diffraction microscopy for correlative nanoscale structure–property characterizationTailored Plasmons in Pentacene/Graphene Heterostructures with Interlayer Electron Transfer
- Ultrafast nonlocal collective dynamics of Kane plasmon-polaritons in a narrow-gap semiconductorProbing mid-infrared plasmon resonances in extended radial fractal structures
- Launching of hyperbolic phonon-polaritons in h-BN slabs by resonant metal plasmonic antennasInfrared Nanospectroscopy at the Graphene–Electrolyte Interface
- Hyperspectral time-domain terahertz nano-imagingTin diselenide van der Waals materials as new candidates for mid-infrared waveguide chips
- An analysis of isolated and intact RBC membranes — a comparison of a semiquantitative approach by means of FTIR, nano-FTIR and Raman spectroscopiesHigh sensitivity variable-temperature infrared nanoscopy of conducting oxide interfaces
- Quantification of carrier density gradients along axially-doped silicon nanowires using infrared nanoscopyKompakte Ultrakurzpulslaser für komplexe Messaufgaben
- Observation of Intersubband Polaritons in a Single Nanoantenna Using Nano-FTIR SpectroscopyRaman imaging highlights biochemical heterogeneity of human eosinophils versus human eosinophilic leukaemia cell line
- A mid-infrared biaxial hyperbolic van der Waals crystalExcitation of Strong Localized Surface Plasmon Resonances in Highly Metallic Titanium Nitride Nano-Antennas for Stable Performance at Elevated Temperatures
- Identification of Large Isotope Anomalies in Quartz by Infrared SpectroscopyCo-assembly of nisin and zein in microfluidics for enhanced antilisterial activity in Queso Fresco
- Optical Response Properties of Stable and Controllable Au Nanorod Monolayer Meta-ArraysTunable Modal Birefringence in a Low-Loss Van Der Waals Waveguide
- Spin–Orbit Interaction of Light in Plasmonic LatticesQuantifying Polymer Chain Orientation in Strong and Tough Nanofibers with Low Crystallinity: Toward Next Generation Nanostructured Superfibers
- Nanoscale optical and structural characterisation of silkEngineering phonon polaritons in van der Waals heterostructures to enhance in-plane optical anisotropy
- Anderson Localized Plasmon in Graphene with Random Tensile‐Strain DistributionProbes for ultra-sensitive THz nanoscopy
- Highly confined and switchable mid-Infrared surface phonon polariton resonances of planar circular cavities with a phase change materialPhase‐Change Hyperbolic Heterostructures for Nanopolaritonics: A Case Study of hBN/VO2
- Plasmon Control Driven by Spatial Carrier Density Modulation in GrapheneHighly resonant graphene plasmon hotspots in complex nanoresonator geometries
- Near-field microscopy inspection of nano scratch defects on the monocrystalline silicon surfaceReal-space mapping of mid-infrared near-field of Yagi-Uda antenna in the emission mode
- A Plasmon-Mediated Electron Emission ProcessIn-plane coherent control of plasmon resonances for plasmonic switching and encoding
- Transient exciton-polariton dynamics in WSe2 by ultrafast near-field imagingResonance coupling in hybrid gold nanohole–monolayer WS2 nanostructures
- Anisotropic Flow Control and Gate Modulation of Hybrid Phonon-PolaritonsMapping Polymer Molecular Order in the SEM with Secondary Electron Hyperspectral Imaging
- Planar and van der Waals heterostructures for vertical tunnelling single electron transistorsDeeply subwavelength phonon-polaritonic crystal made of a van der Waals material
- Multiscale connections between morphology and chemistry in crystalline, zinc-substituted hydroxyapatite nanofilms designed for biomedical applicationsHyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Suspended Hexagonal Boron Nitride
- Solution Processing for Lateral Transition Metal Dichalcogenides Homojunction from Polymorphic CrystalNanocombing Effect Leads to Nanowire-Based, in-Plane, Uniaxial Thin Films
- Photonic crystals for nano-light in moiré graphene superlatticesNanospectroscopy of Infrared Phonon Resonance Enables Local Quantification of Electronic Properties in Doped SrTiO3 Ceramics
- Nanoscale Near-Field Tomography of Surface States on (Bi0.5Sb0.5)2Te3Selected‐Area Chemical Nanoengineering of Vanadium Dioxide Nanostructures Through Nonlithographic Direct Writing
- Sb2Te3 Growth Study Reveals That Formation of Nanoscale Charge Carrier Domains Is an Intrinsic Feature Relevant for Electronic ApplicationsUltrastructural and SINS analysis of the cell wall integrity response of Aspergillus nidulans to the absence of galactofuranose
- In-plane anisotropic and ultra-low-loss polaritons in a natural van der Waals crystalReconfigurable infrared hyperbolic metasurfaces using phase change materials
- Spatial and Frequency Selective Plasmonic Metasurface for Long Wavelength Infrared Spectral RegionNear-field infrared nanospectroscopy and super-resolution fluorescence microscopy enable complementary nanoscale analyses of lymphocyte nuclei
- Direct Characterization of Near-Field Coupling in Gap Plasmon-Based MetasurfacesElectrically and Thermally Tunable Smooth Silicon Metasurfaces for Broadband Terahertz Antireflection
- Highly Organized Epitaxy of Dirac Semimetallic PtTe2 Crystals with Extrahigh Conductivity and Visible Surface Plasmons at EdgesNano-imaging of intersubband transitions in van der Waals quantum wells
- Hybrid graphene metasurfaces for high-speed mid-infrared light modulation and single-pixel imagingStructure-Function Correlative Microscopy of Peritubular and Intertubular Dentine
- Label-free Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging of Single Phospholipid Bilayers with Nanoscale ResolutionNano-imaging of an edge-excited plasmon mode in graphene
- Interplay of non-uniform charge distribution on the electrochemical modification of grapheneOptical skyrmion lattice in evanescent electromagnetic fields
- Highly stable aromatic poly (ether sulfone) composite ion exchange membrane for vanadium flow batteryNear-field imaging of graphene triangles patterned by helium ion lithography
- The chemical fingerprint of hair melanosomes by infrared nano-spectroscopyInternal nanostructure diagnosis with hyperbolic phonon polaritons in hexagonal boron nitride
- Understanding the image contrast of material boundaries in IR nanoscopy reaching 5 nm spatial resolutionTunable Low Loss 1D Surface Plasmons in InAs Nanowires
- Phase-resolved terahertz self-detection nearfield microscopySelective excitation and imaging of ultraslow phonon polaritons in thin hexagonal boron nitride crystals
- Nanoscale hydrogenography on single magnesium nanoparticlesCombined Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy and Scattering-Type Scanning Near-Field Optical Microscopy
- Flexible and Electrically Tunable Plasmons in Graphene– Mica HeterostructuresUltra-confined mid-infrared resonant phonon polaritons in van der Waals nanostructures
- Probing structural changes in single enveloped virus particles using nano-infrared spectroscopic imagingFew-layer 1T′ MoTe2 as gapless semimetal with thickness dependent carrier transport
- Compressed sensing FTIR nano-spectroscopy and nano-imagingBi2O3 Monolayers from Elemental Liquid Bismuth
- Infrared nanospectroscopy reveals the chemical nature of pit membranes in water-conducting cells of the plant xylemNear-Field Surface Waves in Few-Layer MoS2
- Far Infrared Synchrotron Near-Field Nanoimaging and NanospectroscopyUltra-confined surface phonon polaritons in molecular layers of van der Waals dielectrics
- Inhomogeneity of Cellulose Microfibril Assembly in Plant Cell Walls Revealed with Sum Frequency Generation MicroscopyOptically Unraveling the Edge Chirality‐Dependent Band Structure and Plasmon Damping in Graphene Edges
- Low-aberration beamline optics for synchrotron infrared nanospectroscopyBroadband Multifunctional Plasmonic Logic Gates
- Infrared Nanospectroscopy of Phospholipid and Surfactin Monolayer DomainsInfrared Fingerprints of Natural 2D Talc and Plasmon–Phonon Coupling in Graphene–Talc Heterostructures
- Highly Confined and Tunable Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Van Der Waals Semiconducting Transition Metal OxidesTransport mechanisms in a puckered graphene-on-lattice
- Nanoscale control over optical singularitiesImproving Luttinger-liquid plasmons in carbon nanotubes by chemical doping
- 30 s Response Time of K+ Ion‐Selective Hydrogels Functionalized with 18‐Crown‐6 Ether Based on QCM SensorAggregating sequences that occur in many proteins constitute weak spots of bacterial proteostasis
- Highly repeatable nanoscale phase coexistence in vanadium dioxide filmsInfrared hyperbolic metasurface based on nanostructured van der Waals materials
- Continuous multispectral imaging of surface phonon polaritons on silicon carbide with an external cavity quantum cascade laserCdS Nanoribbon‐Based Resistive Switches with Ultrawidely Tunable Power by Surface Charge Transfer Doping
- All-electronic terahertz nanoscopyQuantum Control of Graphene Plasmon Excitation and Propagation at Heaviside Potential Steps
- High performance mixed matrix membranes (MMMs) composed of ZIF-94 filler and 6FDA-DAM polymerBoron nitride nanoresonators for phonon-enhanced molecular vibrational spectroscopy at the strong coupling limit
- Ultralow-loss polaritons in isotopically pure boron nitrideTemperature dependent infrared nano-imaging of La0.67Sr0.33MnO3 thin film
- Nanoimaging of Electronic Heterogeneity in Bi2Se3 and Sb2Te3 NanocrystalsAir and chlorine gas corrosion of different silicon carbides analyzed by nano-Fourier-transform infrared (nano-FTIR) spectroscopy
- Probing optical anisotropy of nanometer-thin van der waals microcrystals by near-field imagingMacroscopic alignment and assembly of π-conjugated oligopeptides using colloidal microchannels
- Nanoscale Characterization of Individual Horizontally Aligned Single-Walled Carbon NanotubesPropagating Plasmons in a Charge-Neutral Quantum Tunneling Transistor
- Direct amplitude-phase near-field observation of higher-order anapole statesTHz nanofocusing with cantilevered THz-resonant antenna tips
- Nanoscale Laser Terahertz Emission MicroscopyLaunching Phonon Polaritons by Natural Boron Nitride Wrinkles with Modifiable Dispersion by Dielectric Environments
- Plasmon Reflections by Topological Electronic Boundaries in Bilayer GrapheneHigh-Resolution Nanoscpectroscopy of Boron Nitride Nanotubes
- Mechanical Detection and Imaging of Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in Hexagonal Boron NitrideHighly Efficient and Air-Stable Infrared Photodetector Based on 2D Layered Graphene–Black Phosphorus Heterostructure
- Infrared Nanoimaging Reveals the Surface Metallic Plasmons in Topological InsulatorBroadband near-field infrared spectroscopy with a high temperature plasma light source
- Intrinsic Plasmon–Phonon Interactions in Highly Doped Graphene: A Near-Field Imaging StudyOxygen impact on the electronic and vibrational properties of black phosphorus probed by synchrotron infrared nanospectroscopy
- Porous Two-Dimensional Monolayer Metal−Organic Framework Material and Its Use for the Size-Selective Separation of NanoparticlesEnhancing the sensitivity of nano-FTIR spectroscopy
- Precise Protein Photolithography (P3): High Performance Biopatterning Using Silk Fibroin Light Chain as the ResistThe Light-Induced Field-Effect Solar Cell Concept – Perovskite Nanoparticle Coating Introduces Polarization Enhancing Silicon Cell Efﬁciency
- Electrical 2π phase control of infrared light in a 350-nm footprint using graphene plasmonsPhonon-Polaritonic Bowtie Nanoantennas: Controlling Infrared Thermal Radiation at the Nanoscale
- Imaging metal-like monoclinic phase stabilized by surface coordination effect in vanadium dioxide nanobeamImaging metal-like monoclinic phase stabilized by surface coordination effect in vanadium dioxide nanobeamTuning quantum nonlocal effects in graphene plasmonics
- Nanoimaging of resonating hyperbolic polaritons in linear boron nitride antennasHybrid plasmonic waveguides formed by metal coating of dielectric ridges
- Imaging exciton–polariton transport in MoSe2 waveguidesExtraordinary linear dynamic range in laser-defined functionalized graphene photodetectors
- Active Mediation of Plasmon Enhanced Localized Exciton Generation, Carrier Diffusion and Enhanced Photon EmissionWhite Light Generation and Anisotropic Damage in Gold Films near Percolation Threshold
- Tailoring of electromagnetic field localizations by two-dimensional graphene nanostructuresDual-Scattering Near-Field Microscope for Correlative Nanoimaging of SERS and Electromagnetic Hotspots
- Flexible, Transparent, and Free-Standing Silicon Nanowire SERS Platform for in Situ Food InspectionHyperspectral infrared nanoimaging of organic samples based on Fourier transform infrared nanospectroscopy
- Effects of edge on graphene plasmons as revealed by infrared nanoimagingHigh performance photodetector based on 2D CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite nanosheets
- Direct Electrical Probing of Periodic Modulation of Zinc-Dopant Distributions in Planar Gallium Arsenide NanowiresBridged Bowtie Aperture Antenna for Producing an Electromagnetic Hot Spot
- Femtosecond photo-switching of interface polaritons in black phosphorus heterostructuresOptical Nanoimaging of Hyperbolic Surface Polaritons at the Edges of van der Waals Materials
- Study of graphene plasmons in graphene–MoS2 heterostructures for optoelectronic integrated devicesAn alternative approach for the incorporation of cellulose nanocrystals in flexible polyurethane foams based on renewably sourced polyols
- Ultra-confined plasmonic hotspots inside graphene nanobubblesVisible Range Plasmonic Modes on Topological Insulator Nanostructures
- Acoustic terahertz graphene plasmons revealed by photocurrent nanoscopyTailorable reflection of surface plasmons in defect engineered graphene
- Thermoelectric detection and imaging of propagating graphene plasmonsMolybdenum Nanoscrews: A Novel Non-coinage-Metal Substrate for Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Nanoscopy of Phase Separation in InxGa1–xN AlloysChemically-doped graphene with improved surface plasmon characteristics: an optical near-field study
- Reversible Structural Swell-Shrink and Recoverable Optical Properties in Hybrid Inorganic-Organic PerovskiteScattering near-field optical microscopy on metallic and semiconducting carbon nanotube bundles in the infrared
- Gate-Tunable Spatial Modulation of Localized Plasmon ResonancesNanofocusing of Hyperbolic Phonon Polaritons in a Tapered Boron Nitride Slab
- Reversible optical switching of highly confined phonon–polaritons with an ultrathin phase-change materialNanoscopy of Black Phosphorus Degradation
- Imaging of Anomalous Internal Reflections of Hyperbolic Phonon-Polaritons in Hexagonal Boron NitrideUltrafast optical switching of infrared plasmon polaritons in high-mobility graphene
- Real-space mapping of tailored sheet and edge plasmons in graphene nanoresonatorsTwo-dimensional optical nanovortices at visible light
- Near-field characterization of bound plasmonic modes in metal strip waveguidesExploring the detection limits of infrared near-field microscopy regarding small buried structures and pushing them by exploiting superlens-related effects
- Nano-FTIR microscopy and spectroscopy studies of atmospheric corrosion with a spatial resolution of 20 nmNear-field photocurrent nanoscopy on bare and encapsulated graphene
- Far-Field Spectroscopy and Near-Field Optical Imaging of Coupled Plasmon–Phonon Polaritons in 2D van der Waals HeterostructuresHarnessing a Quantum Design Approach for Making Low-Loss Superlenses
- Nanoscale plasmonic phenomena in CVD-grown MoS2 monolayer revealed by ultra-broadband synchrotron radiation based nano-FTIR spectroscopy and near-field microscopyUltrafast Mid-Infrared Nanoscopy of Strained Vanadium Dioxide Nanobeams
- High spatial resolution (1.1 μm and 20 nm) FTIR polarization contrast imaging reveals pre-rupture disorder in damaged tendonActive Optical Metasurfaces Based on Defect-Engineered Phase-Transition Materials
- Nanoscale Insights into the Hydrogenation Process of Layered α-MoO3Real-Space Mapping of the Chiral Near-Field Distributions in Spiral Antennas and Planar Metasurfaces
- Spin-patterned plasmonics: towards optical access to topological-insulator surface statesNanoscale shaping and focusing of visible light in planar metal–oxide–silicon waveguides
- New IR imaging modalities for cancer detection and for intra-cell chemical mapping with a sub-diffraction mid-IR s-SNOMEdge and Surface Plasmons in Graphene Nanoribbons
- Boosting Local Field Enhancement by on-Chip Nanofocusing and Impedance-Matched Plasmonic AntennasMapping the near fields of plasmonic nanoantennas by scattering-type scanning near-field optical microscopy
- Imaging of phase change materials below a capping layer using correlative infrared near-field microscopy and electron microscopyPlasmons in graphene moiré superlattices
- Direct observation of ultraslow hyperbolic polariton propagation with negative phase velocityControl of plasmonic nanoantennas by reversible metal-insulator transition
- A centimeter-scale sub-10 nm gap plasmonic nanorod array film as a versatile platform for enhancing light–matter interactionsGraphene-Based Platform for Infrared Near-Field Nano-Spectroscopy of Water and Biological Materials in an Aqueous Environment
- Tunneling Plasmonics in Bilayer GrapheneTuning and Persistent Switching of Graphene Plasmons on a Ferroelectric Substrate
- Phase transition in bulk single crystals and thin films of VO2 by nanoscale infrared spectroscopy and imagingHyperbolic phonon-polaritons in boron nitride for near-field optical imaging and focusing
- Graphene on hexagonal boron nitride as a tunable hyperbolic metamaterialGraphene/h-BN plasmon–phonon coupling and plasmon delocalization observed by infrared nano-spectroscopy
- Near-field imaging of phased array metasurfacesMagnitude and phase-resolved infrared vibrational nanospectroscopy with a swept quantum cascade laser
- The reduction of surface plasmon losses in quasi-suspended grapheneHybrid Graphene–Perovskite Phototransistors with Ultrahigh Responsivity and Gain
- Subdiffractional focusing and guiding of polaritonic rays in a natural hyperbolic materialSolvothermally Synthesized Sb2Te3 Platelets Show Unexpected Optical Contrasts in Mid-Infrared Near-Field Scanning Microscopy
- Efficient interfacing photonic and long-range dielectric-loaded plasmonic waveguidesRelation of chemical composition to asphalt microstructure – Details and properties of micro-structures in bitumen as seen by thermal and friction force microscopy and by scanning near-filed optical microscopy
- IR Near-Field Study of the Solid Electrolyte Interphase on a Tin ElectrodeMonolayers of WxMo12xS2 alloy heterostructure with in-plane composition variations
- Nanoscale-resolved chemical identification of thin organic films using infrared near-field spectroscopy and standard Fourier transform infrared referencesHighly confined low-loss plasmons in graphene–boron nitride heterostructures
- Nanoscale infrared spectroscopy as a non-destructive probe of extraterrestrial samplesImpedance spectroscopy characterization of relaxation mechanisms in gold–chitosan nanocomposites
- Tiny Crystals Located and Identified by Infrared NanoscopyIR Near-Field Spectroscopy and Imaging of Single LixFePO4 Microcrystals
- Sub-100 nm Focusing of Short Wavelength Plasmons in Homogeneous 2D SpaceUltrafast multi-terahertz nano-spectroscopy with sub-cycle temporal resolution
- Near-Field Mapping of Optical Modes on All-Dielectric Silicon NanodisksNear-field imaging and spectroscopy of locally strained GaN using an IR broadband laser
- Ultrafast Dynamics of Surface Plasmons in InAs by Time-Resolved Infrared NanospectroscopyGraphene-Enhanced Infrared Near-Field Microscopy
- Checkerboard Nanoplasmonic Gold Structure for Long-Wave Infrared Absorption EnhancementCharacterization of semiconductor materials using synchrotron radiation-based near-field infrared microscopy and nano-FTIR spectroscopy
- Direct Characterization of Plasmonic Slot Waveguides and NanocouplersSub-micron phase coexistence in small-molecule organic thin films revealed by infrared nano-imaging
- Bundle versus network conductivity of carbon nanotubes separated by typePolarization-Resolved Near-Field Characterization of Nanoscale Infrared Modes in Transmission Lines Fabricated by Gallium and Helium Ion Beam Milling
- Recovery of Permittivity and Depth from Near-Field Data as a Step toward Infrared NanotomographyControlling graphene plasmons with resonant metal antennas and spatial conductivity patterns
- Direct Near-Field Observation of Orientation-Dependent Optical Response of Gold NanorodsNanofocusing in circular sector-like nanoantennas
- Tunable Phonon Polaritons in Atomically Thin van der Waals Crystals of Boron NitrideUltrafast and Nanoscale Plasmonic Phenomena in Exfoliated Graphene Revealed by Infrared Pump−Probe Nanoscopy
- Structural analysis and mapping of individual protein complexes by infrared nanospectroscopyStrong Plasmon Reflection at Nanometer-Size Gaps in Monolayer Graphene on SiC
- Anisotropic Electronic State via Spontaneous Phase Separation in Strained Vanadium Dioxide FilmsElectronic and plasmonic phenomena at graphene grain boundaries
- Probe-sample optical interaction: size and wavelength dependence in localized plasmon near-field imagingAnisotropic Electronic State via Spontaneous Phase Separation in Strained Vanadium Dioxide Films
- Experimental Verification of the Spectral Shift between Near- and Far-Field Peak Intensities of Plasmonic Infrared NanoantennasVisibility of weak contrasts in subsurface scattering near-field microscopy
- Quantitative Measurement of Local Infrared Absorption and Dielectric Function with Tip-Enhanced Near-Field MicroscopyNear-field imaging and nano-Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy using broadband synchrotron radiation
- Visualizing the near-field coupling and interference of bonding and anti-bonding modes in infrared dimer nanoantennasResonant Antenna Probes for Tip-Enhanced Infrared Near-Field Microscopy
- Visualisation of methacrylate-embedded human bone sections by infrared nanoscopyCorrelative infrared–electron nanoscopy reveals the local structure–conductivity relationship in zinc oxide nanowires.
- Near-field spectroscopy of silicon dioxide thin filmsNanoscale near-field infrared spectroscopic imaging of silica-shell/gold-core and pure silica nanoparticles
- Characterization of localized surface plasmon resonance transducers produced from Au25 nanoparticle multilayersAntenna-enhanced infrared near-field nanospectroscopy of a polymer
- Real-space mapping of nanoplasmonic hotspots via optical antenna-gap loadingNanoscale Layering of Antiferromagnetic and Superconducting Phases in Rb2Fe4Se5 Single Crystals.
- Gate-tuning of graphene plasmons revealed by infrared nano-imagingOptical nano-imaging of gate-tunable graphene plasmons
- nano-FTIR absorption spectroscopy of molecular fingerprints at 20 nm spatial resolution.Quasi-analytical model for scattering infrared near-field microscopy on layered systems.
- nano-FTIR chemical mapping of minerals in biological materialsResolving the electromagnetic mechanism of surface-enhanced light scattering at single hot spots
- Phase in NanoopticsEnhanced resolution in subsurface near-field optical microscopy
- Designer magnetoplasmonics with Nickel NanoferromagnetsInfrared nanoscopy of Dirac Plasmons at the Graphene-SiO2 Interface
- Nanoscale subsurface- and material-specific identification of single nanoparticlesLongitudinal and transverse coupling in infrared gold nanoantenna arrays: long range versus short range interaction regimes
- Real-Space Mapping of Fano Interference in Plasmonic MetamoleculesNanoscale Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy of Individual Nanoparticles Enabled by Scattering-Type Near-Field Microscopy
- Plasmonic Nickel NanoantennasInfrared-spectroscopic nanoimaging with a thermal source
- Nanofocusing of mid-infrared energy with tapered transmission linesBroadband-infrared assessment of phonon resonance in scattering-type near-field microscopy
- Phase-Resolved Mapping of the Near-Field Vector and Polarization State in Nanoscale Antenna GapsAmplitude- and Phase-Resolved Near-Field Mapping of Infrared Antenna Modes by Transmission-Mode Scattering-Type Near-Field Microscopy
- Nanoscale Free Carrier Profiling on Individual Semiconductor Nanowires by Infrared Near-Field NanoscopyInfrared spectroscopic near-field mapping of single nanotransistors
- Inhomogeneous electronic state near the insulator-to-metal transition in the correlated oxide VO2Nanoscale conductivity contrast by scattering-type near-field optical microscopy in the visible, infrared and THz domains
- Near-field nanoscopy by elastic light scattering from a tip in Nano-Optics and Near-Field Optical MicroscopyControlling the near-field oscillations of loaded plasmonic nanoantennas
- Nanoscale residual stress-field mapping around nanoindents in SiC by IR s-SNOM and confocal Raman microscopyInfrared nanoscopy of strained semiconductors.
- Influence of the tip in near-field imaging of nanoparticle plasmon modes: Weak and strong coupling regimesSubstrate-enhanced infrared near-field spectroscopy
- Focusing of surface phonon polaritonsTerahertz Near-Field Nanoscopy of Mobile Carriers in Single Semiconductor Nanodevices
- A terahertz nanoscopeMott Transition in VO2 Revealed by Infrared Spectroscopy and Nano-Imaging
- Analytical model for quantitative prediction of material contrasts in scattering-type near-field optical microscopyLocal excitation and interference of surface phonon polaritons studied by near-field infrared microscopy
- Material-Specific Infrared Recognition of Single Sub-10 nm Particles by Substrate-Enhanced Scattering-Type Near-Field MicroscopySimultaneous IR Material Recognition and Conductivity Mapping by Nanoscale Near-Field Microscopy
- Pseudoheterodyne detection for background-free near-field spectroscopyNear-Field Microscopy Through a SiC Superlens
- Infrared Imaging of Single Nanoparticles via Strong Field Enhancement in a Scanning NanogapNanoscale Resolved Infrared Probing of Crystal Structure and of Plasmon−Phonon Coupling
- Infrared Spectroscopic Mapping of Single Nanoparticles and Viruses at Nanoscale ResolutionResonant light scattering by near-field induced phonon polaritons
- Nanoscale resolved subsurface imaging by scattering-type near-field optical microscopyNear-field imaging of mid-infrared surface phonon polariton propagation
- Near-field optical microscopy by elastic light scattering from a tipNanomechanical Resonance Tuning and Phase Effects in Optical Near-Field Interaction
- Subwavelength-scale tailoring of surface phonon polaritons by focused ion-beam implantationContrast and scattering efficiency of scattering-type near-field optical probes
- Nanoscale polymer recognition by spectral signature in scattering infrared near-field microscopyPerformance of visible and mid-infrared scattering-type near-field optical microscopes
- Coherent imaging of nanoscale plasmon patterns with a carbon nanotube optical probeMaterial-specific mapping of metal/semiconductor/dielectric nanosystems at 10 nm resolution by backscattering near-field optical microscopy
- Phonon-enhanced light-matter interaction at the nanometre scale.Pure optical contrast in scattering-type scanning near-field microscopy
- Optical oscillation modes of plasmon particles observed in direct space by phase-contrast near-field microscopyComplex optical constants on a subwavelength scale
Meet Neaspec next at
The workshop takes you through… scientific talks on various applications held by near-field microscopy experts tutorials on basic principles &...
neaspec today received the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award. The rankings are based on the percentage sales growth of the...
An international team led by researchers from Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), University of Oviedo (Asturias, Spain), CIC nanoGUNE (San Sebastián, Spain), and Soochow University (Suzhou,...
neaspec is selected as a top 3 finalist of the “Prism Award 2018” for the cryo-neaSNOM microsocope. The Photonics Prism...
With the support of the Canadian Light Source (CLS), a live demonstration of the neaSNOM nano-FTIR microscope in August 2016 provided researchers...
neaspec’s neaSNOM microscope wins the prestigious iF design award 2016 in the category products. Each year the iF International Forum Design GmbH awards...
Due to their long wavelengths, terahertz radiation runs into difficulties when detecting extremely small structures. However, by combining terahertz radiation...
Prof. Rainer Hillenbrand (neaspec Scientific Advisor & Co-Founder) wins the Ludwig-Genzel-Prize 2014 for the design and development of infrared near-field...
Munich-based nanotechnology specialist attocube took over the majority share in neaspec GmbH by mid-February. neaspec and attocube share a common...
neaspec won the STEP award competition 2013 for the best product & technology. The laudators emphasized that the prize was...
The neaspec website was redesigned from scratch and is now live. The new website provides several advantages: Easier navigation More...
nano-FTIR from neaspec wins the prestigous Microscopy Today Innovation Award 2013. The prize is awarded yearly for the top international innovations...
neaspec is selected as a top 10 finalist of the “Deutscher Gründerpreis 2013″, Germany’s most prestigious Start-Up award initiated by...
Nanoscale chemical identification and mapping of materials now becomes possible with nano-FTIR from neaspec GmbH. This technique combines the best...
This year, neaspec wins two(!) CeNS publication awards from the Center of NanoScience in Munich: One for a Nano Letters...
neaspec is selected as a top 20 finalist of the STEP award competition 2012. The STEP Award is a german enterprise...
Two independent research teams have successfully used their infrared near-field microscopes (neaSNOM) for laying down a ghost: visualizing Dirac plasmons...
neaspec wins the CeNS Puplication Award 2011 for their publication “Infrared-spectroscopic nanoimaging with a thermal source” in Nature Materials
neaspec is selected as a top 20 finalist of the STEP award competition 2011. The STEP Award is a german...